Dental Exam and Cleaning in Calabasas
As people continue to realize the importance of having a dazzling smile, both in your professional and personal life, more and more people will start looking forward to visiting their dentist. If you care about your oral health, you should know about the importance of visiting your dentist every six month for thorough, professional teeth cleaning and a dental checkup. Here’s why:
What happens during a routine dental visit?
No matter how well you care for your teeth and mouth at home, you should still schedule regular visits with Dr. Armen Galustian to get your teeth cleaned and examined.
This is similar to a standard medical check as they both are preventive measures aimed at helping you stay healthy. During your dental exam, Dr. Galustian will inspect your mouth to check for signs of any oral problems in their early stages. If any problems are found, he will introduce an appropriate treatment to keep them from developing into major problems that adversely affect your general health and increase your treatment costs. Typical dental exams involve:
- Checking for stains on your teeth
- Assessing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease
- Evaluating the need for tooth restoration or replacement
- Inspecting your bite and jaw for misalignment or other problems
- Assessing your entire mouth - lips, cheeks, roof and floor of the mouth, jaw, neck for any problems
- Evaluating your need for fluoride or sealants
- Diagnostic x-rays to check for tooth decay, cysts, tumors, tooth position, and bone loss
- Checking the condition and fit of any restorations or prosthetic replacements - veneers, dentures, implants, crowns, bridges
- Checking for oral cancer
Dental cleaning involves the removal of all the plaque and tartar that has built up on the surface of your teeth, gum line, and hard to reach areas of your mouth. You can expect:
- Plaque removal - removal of bacteria deposits that cause gum disease and cavities
- Tartar removal - removal hard plaque deposits that cause tooth discoloration and cannot be removed through regular brushing and flossing
- Teeth polishing - to get rid of any blemish on your teeth surface
A routine dental visit that includes a dental exam and professional cleaning takes less than one hour. Depending on the results of the exam, Dr. Galustian will recommend an appropriate date for your next dental appointment, which could be in six months, or sooner or later depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth. If dental treatment is necessary, you will need to schedule a meeting as soon as possible.
If you are looking for a family dentist in Calabasas, CA to clean and examine your teeth and mouth for your optimal health and wellbeing, please contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Galustian.