Invisalign in Calabasas
Wearing braces is an unattractive proposition for both teens and adults looking to straighten their teeth. Invisalign provides a discreet, comfortable, and convenient way to correct crooked teeth and a misaligned bite, so you can improve your smile without feeling self-conscious about brackets and wires showing in your smile during treatment.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is cutting-edge approach to straightening your teeth with minimal interference to how you live. The treatment uses a series of custom-made clear aligners that are specifically designed to fit over your teeth, and gradually and gently move them into the right position based on the precise movements that Dr. Galustian will discuss with you during your consultation.
Here are some other key features of the Invisalign system:
- The aligners are made from virtually invisible plastic, which makes them barely noticeable when smiling. Most people can't tell that you're having orthodontic treatment. This allows you to achieve a beautiful smile with minimal interference to your daily life.
- The aligners are smooth and comfortable. You simply wear each set of aligners for two weeks, and keep replacing it every fortnight with the next set of aligners until you complete the treatment.
- There are no brackets to fix or wires to tighten, which reduces the risk of injury and number of trips to the dentist's office for repairs or tightening.
- You need to visit the dentist every 6-8 weeks, not only to collect your next 3 or 4 sets of aligners, but also for the dentist to assess the treatment progress.
- You only need to wear them for about 22 hours a day. So you can remove them when eating and cleaning your teeth, which makes it much easier to enjoy your favorite foods and maintain proper oral hygiene during treatment compared to braces. Make sure to clean them properly as instructed.
Please visit Calabasas Dental Institute for a proper assessment of your case to determine whether you're a good candidate for Invisalign. Call us today to book your appointment.